SG BONDS LIMITED PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the Data Controller is SG Bonds Limited.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you access our Website We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on, or send messages via, the Website. This includes information provided if and when you register to use our site, complete a profile, sign up to receive email notifications, post questions and topics for discussion, or comments on such discussions, submit requests for advice, referrals or cases or provide further information to or request services from other users (such as Lawyers). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, email address, photos or any information input by when using the Website, communication with other users through the Website, making or responding to job requests or otherwise making use of any functionality of the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, if any.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of any third party sites accessed via the Website.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure and are kept for the duration of your use of our service.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website, or by contacting us using the contact details below. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services and enable you to communicate with other users
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
In addition to the above uses We may use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you.
For such uses We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to such communication when We collect your data, OR if the contact relates to goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (for example, the registration form).
If you do not wish to receive communications from Us, please contact us at email@example.com or select the opt-out option in our emails.
Other than as set out below, and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with third parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access the Website including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may, however, use such information in conjunction with the data We have about you in order to track your usage of our services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We will not share your contact details unless you are a Lawyer (in which case you will enter your contact details that will be publicly available) or if you are a User and you submit a request for a referral or advice, then upon submission your full name and contact details will be visible to the Lawyer (or relevant person acting on behalf of the Lawyer) who may contact you directly.
We may ask you to review Services provided to you and if you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of SGB, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us using our contact details set out below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a £10 fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies We use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables Us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies We use and the purposes for which We use them in the table below:
||Expiry of Cookie and Further Information
||This cookie enables us to determine whether or not you have visited our Website previously.
||Expires 2 years after being set / updated.
||This cookie is used to establish and continue your session on our Website, and updates each time you visit a new page.
||Expires 30 minutes after being set / updated.
||This cookies enables us to establish how you reached our Website e.g. through a link; from another website or by typing in the Website URL
||Expires 30 minutes after being set / updated.